Welcome to the Friends!
The Friends of the Pinney Library are a group of volunteers dedicated to supporting the mission of Pinney Library: to provide free, equitable, and inclusive access to cultural and educational experiences.
Pinney Friends are people who believe the public library is a valuable asset in the development of their community – its diverse culture, its citizens and its youth.
The Friends of the Pinney Library is a non-profit organization dedicated to our library and its cultural, educational, and recreational value to our community.
The mission of The Friends of the Pinney Library is to encourage and promote the goals and services of the Pinney Library.
What We Do
The Friends provide volunteers and funds to support the library’s goals and improve local library services and facilities. Here are some recent examples:
- Set up and staff three annual book sales
- Sort and organize donated books throughout the year
- Celebrate and support Pinney staff whenever possible
- Organize and staff an annual bake sale
- Plan special events like the Harvest Moon Festival
- Sell specially designed handcrafted items to raise funds